Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Failed Tutorial: Kool-Aid and Developer

Well you guys, I was really hoping my first tutorial of the new blog would be a successful one; but sadly, this one was not. As you know I experiment at least once a month with fun colorful ways to change your hair at home and I consider it my duty to tell you guys when it fails. And this one did. So here's my first "What Not To Do" of my new blog.

Kool-Aid and Developer:

So I was doing some research on what developer (like what you use with bleach) does and the most informative article I found said that it opens up the hair to allow the color inside. So I thought to myself, Why not use it with Kool -Aid instead of regular dye or bleach and see if I can get that bright hue without the whole bleaching and painting process. Luckily, I only wanted to do a chunk so I didn't waste a whole bunch of developer and Kool-Aid on this but what I did was I combined developer and Kool-Aid and applied it to the hair. I left it there for a while and when I went and took my shower ALL the color and stuff washed out. I have a slight pink tint as you'll see. Anyway, bottom line, combining developer and Kool-Aid does not work. May my next experiment go better lol.


- Row 1: Before shots of my hair
- Row 2: My materials and process and application
- Row 3: The mess I made on my face and leg and a picture of my dog to cheer you up after reading about my failed experiment.

Thanks for looking anyways guys! I hope the next one turns out better!

2 comments:

  1. If you have dark hair it works better to bleach the hair before you dye with kool aid ..or it only shows as a tint

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it did good for having dark hair. It wasn't a fail. I thought the same as you with using developer. I will try this myself now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete